General Terms & Policies:
SHORT TERM RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Rental Agreement (the “Agreement”) is made by and between Shawn & Angie Money and _____________________ as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this Agreement. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at:
Mango Bay, Isla Boca Chico (formerly Isla Muertos) Chiriqui Panama
The property is furnished and includes Bedding for 8 beds, China & cutlery for 8. Dishwasher, fridge, gas stove & induction cook top. Barbecue & mixer, juicer & blender.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to 10 persons. An additional charge or $35 Canadian per person per night for guests in addition to X will be assessed.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 2 p.m. on ____________ and ends at 11:00 a.m. on ________________ .
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 3 night minimum stay. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is taken for less than 3 days, the guest will be charged the 3 night rate.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Homeowner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Cancellation Policy: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation, the deposit will be refunded as follows:
75% if cancelled 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
___50%_% if cancelled ___30_ days prior to the Check-in Date
9. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are credit Card when paid on the home rental site, or a bank transfer, or an e transfer. PayPal also works well.
The parties agree to the terms of this Short Term Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signatures set forth below.
Name (print) Name (print):
Phone # (during stay): Phone # (during stay):
1. Smoking is NOT allowed in the premise. We ask that you smoke on the gravel to the left of the two bedroom pavilion. The villa has a highly flammable thatch roof!!
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person invited onto the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. These guests are subject to the manager’s approval. This is a private island.
3. The owners are not responsible for any accidents. The teak deck can be slippery during or after a rain storm. Injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities, nor during boating. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Pets are NOT allowed on the property unless we have given permission. We have a dog on site.
6. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
7. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. We are eco friendly. Excess garbage left is subject to an additional charge of between $50-100. During a drought, the well water is not un limited. You may be asked to limit consumption. If that does prove effective, we will put you on a limit of one 2,500 liter tank per day. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. That should be in small quantities at one time. No feminine products should be flushed at any time. If these products are found in the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $200. Your trip could be disturbed as well.
8. Electricity consumption: We are off grid, we do not have unlimited energy. We have a large, high tech solar array & a powerful bank of batteries. You should have all the conveniences of a normal house in a first world country. However it is the amount of use that is at question. Leaving lights on when there is nobody in the room is pointless & wasteful. Running AC units on all day & on low temperatures will cause the very expensive battery bank to become depleted. Which will then cause all electricity to shut off on the entire property.
9. Generator use: We can start the generator to recharge the batteries & it will also carry the current electrical load that the property in consuming. However, there is an additional charge of $15 an hour if there is pointless use which caused the batteries to become depleted. To save everyone grief, we have decided to control the AC remotes. AC is by far the highest consuming home appliance in the world. We have 5 of the split AC units!! Therefore our on site manager David will set the temperature & the time they will run. Our goal is to offer a comfortable night sleep. Not lounging inside watching TV all day with the AC cranked. This is not Cancun.
The plan is; with larger groups, that we turn on the generator at an agreed time, at about 6-8 pm. That will give the ac units enough time to cool the rooms down to 24 degrees. That is plenty cool, at that point the sun has been down for 2 hours & the air temperature is dropping. At night, the temperature drops down to about 21-24 degrees.
So there is no real need to keep the ac units on at night. Instead just use the ceiling fan to move the air. The master bedroom has a AC unit that blows directly on the bed, sometimes it is used at a slightly higher temperature & it primarily functions as a fan. The other units should just be shut off. They have screen door & a window for air movement as well.
You will find that you may wake up in the middle of the night feeling chilly. Use care to keep from getting chilled from the fans. Getting a nasty cold like I did my first trip down, is not any fun!