Maine – “The Way Life Should Be”
Big Bear Cabin Rental Agreement
This family owned cabin is located at 6 Big Bear Lane in Harrison, ME 04040, (207) 591-4447. The nearest crossroad is Big Woods Road and nearest major roads are rte. 302 and rte. 35. GPS address is 20 Big Woods Road, Harrison, ME.
1. Check-in time is after 4:00pm; check-out is by 11:00am. We highly recommend you arrive before dusk as you are in the woods of Maine and it is very, very dark and can be difficult for folks to find their way who are not familiar with the area.
***Please NO early check-ins or late check-outs unless arranged in advance with owner***
Our crews are tightly scheduled between renters and will be there on time to clean for next renters.
2. This is a NON-SMOKING cabin. There is absolutely no smoking inside our home. There are smoking areas outside on each porch with butt receptacles for your use. PLEASE do not throw butts into the yard as mulch fires are very common.
3. No animals of any type allowed. Some of our renters have severe allergies. You could jeopardize someone’s health by bringing a pet. You are responsible for your guests not bringing pets. The cabin owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to humans while on the premises caused by allergies of any type. We have security cameras and local caretakers that are by the property regularly. We have twice evicted renter’s mid-stay. Any violation of this policy automatically forfeits your entire security deposit.
4. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY of 10- The maximum number of day or evening guests for this cabin is limited to ten (10) persons as noted on our rental website. Events of any type are not permitted without expressed written consent of owner. This policy is in place to protect not only the property but also guest safety and to assure you of a fun stay. The home has two full bathrooms and as number of guest increases so will dissatisfaction with people always waiting to take showers or use the restroom facilities. Please note our caretakers are local residents and violators of this policy will forfeit their entire security deposit and be asked to leave immediately even if in mid-rental.
5. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the total rate is required with final payments due (30) days prior to rental. A reminder will be sent automatically for final payment.
*** All travelers outside of the United States – Please not we have guests from many countries and each country has its own taxes, VAT’s, etc. All international customers are responsible for all international fees of any type charged to us. This includes but not limited to booking charges by foreign agency, currency devaluation and exchange, VAT’s, foreign fees from credit card companies etc. We will bill these on the final payment due and will itemize each one.
6. PROPERTY DAMAGE - Renters will be completely responsible for all damage to the home or property caused by Renters or their guests, whether accidental or due to Renters negligence. Renters understand that the rental includes a refundable security deposit if there is no damage or missing items. Primary contract signer is the responsible party in all situations.
7. CANCELLATIONS – Deposits and payments are nonrefundable even if stay has not started. Once a rental has started early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. There are no cancellations allowed due to weather. Please note that we are in a log home complex and do an excellent job of plowing and sanding but you are on gravel packed roads so plan vehicles accordingly.
8. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. Amenity fees are included in the rental rate i.e. kayaks, life jackets, arcade/game room, use of resident beach, etc. Please note we do our very best to keep all equipment and facilities in the best possible shape. We do not offer partial refunds of any type for equipment unavailability.
9. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While linens and bath towels are included in the cabin, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We also provide special spa towels as bromine can damage normal towels. We ask that under no circumstances use our guest bath towels near the spa. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cabin.
10. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
11. PARKING, NOISE, FIREWORKS, ATV’s, SNOWMOBILING
• There is plenty of parking but it is limited to our driveway and circle. Parking on the main road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees and is the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
• In respect for our neighbors please refrain from all outside noise after 11:00pm
• No fireworks of any type are allowed. The risk of accident or a serious forest fire is too great.
• No ATV’s or snowmobiling in or around the cabin or Big Woods association land. There are plenty of formal trails and state parks in the area where it is allowed. Please call Anthony Rauseo if you need recommendations for rentals.
12. Hot Tub– Hot tub is operational year-round. No children under the age of 12 permitted in hot tub at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS, they will break and you will be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm.
13. STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms of any type. Maine roads can get a lot of snow especially during mid-January and February months. Gravel and packed soil drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four-wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road or weather conditions.
14. This cabin is privately owned by the Rauseo family and we welcome you as our guests. We cannot be responsible for any accidents, injuries, allergies or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
15. Waiver of Liability: please use hot tub, fire pit, and kayaks at your own risk. You acknowledge and accept all responsibility for yourself, family and guests. It is recommended hot tub be set for 100 degrees, any higher will significantly increase health risk. You should not consume alcohol while using a kayak or while using the hot tub as hot water and alcohol significantly can impact your blood pressure endangering your health.
16. Security Deposit Forfeiture. The following policy’s, if violated call for immediate loss of security deposit with no recourse by the renter. The renter further agrees that if their security deposit is forfeited they will not post a review, positive or negative about the property. Conditions of forfeiture –
A) Smoking inside the premises
B) Pets anywhere on the property, at any time.
C) More than 10 people on the property at any time unless expressly authorized in writing by the owner.
D) Leaving doors open/unlocked upon departure.
17. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance by owner.
18. We hope you will enjoy your stay in our log home. The home was designed, structurally engineered and built by the entire Rauseo family which is why it is so precious to us. Each log was hand hewn with tools from the 1800’s. The floors are a replica of Paul Revere’s home in Boston utilizing a finishing technique from the 1770’s of poured gum, cooked varnish and Tung oil. Each nail is hand set … no machinery was used. It is the only Energy Star certified round log home in existence in the United States today. It is a home designed and built with kids and family in mind. So, enjoy and relax in a bygone era….and don’t forget to fill out our guest comment book on the little red table.