“THE COTTAGE” AT HERON COVE
Vacation rental agreement
Please read carefully. Sign and return one copy with your deposit, Thank you!
Mail the signed agreement to:
Joan C. Locastro, 3 Briggs Ct., Silver Spring, Maryland 20906
This agreement hereby leases to the undersigned Tenant the premises located at
5635 Morris Neck Rd., Cambridge, Maryland 21613.
This is a NON SMOKING COTTAGE. Absolutely no smoking on the property.
The lease shall begin at 3:00pm daily (or on Saturday for weekly rental)
The lease shall end at 10:00am daily (or on Saturday for weekly rental
Spring – fall rental rates: Summer 5 day minimum
$250.00/ night- five night minimum (Sunday-Thursday except Holidays and special dates)
$111.00 Linens and Towel fee if requested including $11.00 tax
Winter rental rate: November 1-March 31
$250.00/night- two night minimum (Sunday-Thursday except Holidays and special dates)
$500.00/weekend Friday - Sunday
$111.00 Linens and Towel fee if requested including $11.00 tax
11% Hotel Tax added to above rates (state and county)
$100 Cleaning Fee/Deposit (refundable if cottage is cleaned by you and ready for the next guest)
Security deposit $300 (refundable upon inspection).
1) CONFIRMATION: The Owner acknowledges receipt of above SECURITY DEPOSIT for said
Times and as security for the performance of this contract, including the return of the property in reasonably the same condition as when let. The security deposit collected at time of contract will be returned to the tenant within 7 days of vacating the property (in most cases). The Tenant is responsible for cleaning, any damage, breakage and/or loss to the premises. Costs incurred as a result of such shall be deducted from said security deposit. The total rental cost (not including the security deposit), is to be paid 30 days prior to time of lease commencement. Should the Tenant default in said payment(s) and/or cancel the vacation rental he waives claim to above deposit as liquidated damages. Should the cottage be rented after a cancellation, the tenant will be entitled to receive his deposit minus a $100 processing fee.
2) OCCUPANCY LIMIT: A limit for overnight occupancy of 5 people and daytime visitors of 4 guests (occasionally -not every day) is set by the cottage owner, based upon the capacity of their septic system. THESE LIMITS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. Security deposit will be forfeited should the occupancy limit be broken.
3) TRASH REMOVAL: Tenants are to remove all trash from The Coyyage and deposit in bag and then in trash cans on side of house.
4) CANCELLATION POLICY: The time factor is critical in vacation rentals, and your reservation will hold this cottage off the market for a period of time. If you cancel for any reason after we have received your rental agreement and security deposit, your rent cannot be refunded unless the cottage is re-rented (and then less $100 service charge). The earlier you warn us that you may need to cancel, the better the chances of re-renting.
6) NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: While linens and bath towels may be included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate however is available at an additional rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the cottage.
7) RATE CHANGES: Rates subject to change without notice, but secured with payment and signed contract.
8) YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR CHOICE. We strongly recommend that you review photographs and that you (or someone who knows your taste) drive by this cottage before booking.
9) OWNERS SET SPECIFIC RULES: Large gatherings, house parties, etc., are absolutely not allowed unless approved when your booking is made. Sub-letting is not permitted.
Any disturbance resulting in neighborhood complaints or police action, other illegal activity, damage to the property, or violation of this agreement or of rules and regulations governing the property, will be considered sufficient cause for immediate termination of your stay, and all monies paid will be forfeited. This agreement does not create a tenancy for the property; you can be removed from the property without process of law if you do not depart at the appropriate time.
10) THE OWNERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE for loss, theft or damage to your belongings while at the rented property.
11) IF ANY BEACH OR ANY TYPE OF boat, float, raft, deck, walkway, dock, mooring, and hot tub/Jacuzzi is available for your use, you take full responsibility and risk for use of same. The Owner makes no representation as to the soundness or safety of any such beach, boat, float, raft, deck, walkway, dock, or mooring. If anyone in your party (or any person at the property with your consent) uses them, with or without Owners' permission, that action shall be construed as a statement of that individual’s competence to handle or utilize them, and the Owners shall be in no way legally accountable for any damages or injury to any persons or property resulting from such use. You agree to indemnify Owners against all liability that may arise from your possession or use of the property, including, without limitation, any such beaches, boats, floats, rafts, decks, walk-ways, docks, or moorings (except claims against either party resulting from its own negligence).
12) YOU AGREE TO NOTIFY THE OWNER IMMEDIATELY if a maintenance problem develops at the cottage, so the owner can have it remedied as quickly as possible. Owner reserves the right to make repairs as necessary, and to enter the property with reasonable notice, or without notice if you cannot be reached. Amenities that are damaged over the course of the summer may not always be repairable or replaceable within the time frame available; we cannot guarantee the condition or availability of any particular item.
13) CHECK IN at the cottage no earlier than 3:00 PM. CHECK OUT BY 10:00 AM. Exceptions on an individual basis if possible. The key must be left where you found it at check out.
15) PROPERTY CONDITION / SECURITY DEPOSITS: When you arrive, please check the Cottage for cleanliness and damage, and notify us promptly of any problems, which we will attempt to take care of as soon as possible. You agree to leave the property in good condition: no physical damage, cottage and yard neat and tidy, dishes washed and put away, spills wiped up, floors vacuumed, trash removed according to instructions etc. Late checkout, trash left, or cottage or grounds needing more-than usual cleaning is commonly among the reasons why charges are withheld from Security Deposits. If there is no problem, deposits will be returned by mail within 7 days after your Saturday checkout for most circumstances. If there is a problem, we will let you know, and send a letter with the details within 30 days.
16) HURRICANE OR STORM POLICY: No refunds will be given unless:
A. The National Weather Service orders mandatory evacuations in the area of the cottage due to a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning and Evacuation ", we will refund:
1. Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered,
2. Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten their stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted.
3. Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
17) NON-LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION OF OWNER
The Tenant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Landlord from any and all costs, expenses, legal proceedings, legal fees, suits, claims or demands whether from loss of life or injury to the Tenant and or invitees of the Tenant, unless same was due solely to the willful or gross negligence of the Landlord. You are welcome to use the dock and pier at your own risk and assume all liabil-ity associated with this use. NO DIVING from the Dock or Pier.
18) IT IS UNDERSTOOD AND AGREED between all parties that:
1. Any disturbance resulting in neighbor complaints or police action shall cause tenancy to be terminated and all monies forfeited.
2. This is a NON SMOKING COTTAGE. Absolutely no smoking on the property.
3. Pets are not permitted at The Cottage under any conditions.
19) WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
20) PAYMENT METHODS:
A) PayPal-You do not need an account. I will send invoice and you give pay pal payment by method of your choice.
B) Cleared check sent 30 day prior to arrival date C) Cash
Please keep in mind this is a cottage with a rustic feel and a campy environment.
While vacationing at the cottage please treat it as if it was your own.
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS RENTAL AGREEMENT.
Tenants Name (printed):___________________________________________________
Home #:___________________________ Work #: ______________________________
Cell #: _________________________ Email: ___________________________________
Signature: ______________________________________Date: ____________________