Rental Rules / Contract
• CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. HST AND CHECK-OUT IS 10 A.M. HST. NO Early Check-in or late check-out without prior approval and advance payment. Additional changes to the stated times will first be requested of Manager 24 hours before departure.
• If guest is still in room after check-out time without pre-approval and payment, there will be a charge equal to one nights rent plus tax.
• This is a NON-SMOKING unit. No smoking in the unit or on the lanai. Hawaii legislature enacted State Law 295, effective November 16, 2006, which prohibits smoking in all enclosed or partially enclosed areas open to the public. Violations will result in fines or eviction. Most resorts have a designated smoking area.
• Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions.
• No illegal behavior will be tolerated under any circumstances and will be grounds for immediate eviction. Eviction or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit.
• A copy of the House Rules for the resort is located in the condo. Guests are required to abide by the rules. They include but are not limited to: Observing posted quite hours, restriction to hanging anything off of the lanai. Towels and suits can be hung off of the backs of lanai chairs. NO showering / washing sand off inside the condo. Shower sand off at the park, beach or pool before returning to the condo.
• Occupant takes full responsibility for any guest that visits during their stay and /or for any guests that are on this rental agreement.
• No parties of any kind in the unit/home. The number of Guests cannot exceed the number listed on this rental agreement or buildings in resort areas; excessive noise, parties, and occupancy violations may result in Maui County police evictions and finds to $2000 per day. Maui Showcase Properties (MSP) reserves the right to terminate occupancy immediately without refund shooting violation of house rules or occupancy limits occur.
• DAMAGE/LOSS/DISTURBANCE POLICY – Each condo unit is individually owned and decorated. Please do not remove any furnishings, equipment or items from the unit. Guest will be solely liable for any additional costs, charges, expenses resulting from any damage, lost or stolen items or excessive check-out cleaning.
• Neither the Owner or Manager will be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Manager will use its best efforts to ensure that all equipment within the unit is in good working order, although neither Manager nor Owner guarantees that any equipment will not break down during your stay, and therefore such a break down does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustments for any such mechanical failure. In the event of a break down, Manager will use its best efforts to remedy the situation as soon as possible after notification of the break down.
• Guest understands that there is no guaranty that properties adjacent to the unit will be free from disturbances, including but not limited to noise or inconvenience from construction, traffic or other guests or neighbors, and any such disturbance shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustment.
• Guest also understands that Hawaii is located in a tropical climate and that insects, rodents and lizards flourish in this environment. Although Manager will use its best efforts to hold to a minimum your interaction with these pests during your stay, Guest understands that contact with pests does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to refund or rental adjustment.
• Any issue will be reported to Manager or Owner immediately. Guest understands that Manager and Owner shall have a reasonable amount of time to restore rental to acceptable conditions and any issues presented after check-out cannot be remedied and shall not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to any refund or rental adjustment.
DAMAGE DEPOSIT - A refundable damage deposit of $200 and a reservation deposit of 50% is due at the time of booking the reservation. The damage deposit is refunded 14 days after the guest vacates the premises less any fee taken for damage mitigation.
No additional damage charges will be charged if:
• No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
• No charges are incurred due to HOA / AOAO fines, contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
• All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in dumpster, and soiled dishes are placed in the dishwasher and cleaned.
• All keys are left where guest found them upon check in and unit is left locked, and master key left in lockbox.
• All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
• No linens are lost or damaged.
• Parking passes are left inside the unit upon departure. (Depending on the particular resort.)
• The Guest is not evicted by the owner (or representative of the owner), the local law enforcement or the security company.
Rates are subject to Hawaii State Taxes. Current (GE) General Excise Tax is @ 4.166% and (TA) Transient Accommodation is 10.42% and subject to change.
Payment is due in full if reservation is made within 30 Days of stay. Otherwise 50% of rental amount is due upon receipt and the balance is due 45 days prior to arrival. – Lockbox code will be given out after final payment is received.
If paying by credit card outside of a third party booking site like VRBO and Airbnb and directly with a MSP rental manager: A 3% fee will be added to all US credit card transactions. Non-US cards will not be accepted. MSP will accept Visa and Master Card only.
If not paying by credit card you may pay by, money orders or cashier’s checks in USD payable to:
Maui Showcase Properties
Client Trust Fund
1221 Honoapiilani Hwy. E-4
Lahaina, HI 96761 Please add a note with: Your Name, the Date of your arrival and Name of the condo.
The advance payment is a damage/security deposit until arrival. The payment is nonrefundable. This secures your vacation rental in lieu of others wanting to vacation on or during the same time period. General Excise tax of 4.166% and Transient Accommodation Tax of 10.42% will be added for a total of 14.42% to the bills.
If using a third-party website to book your reservations, you will be asked to pay by credit card. However, the content of this Rental Agreement will still apply.
The maximum number of guests per condominium is limited to (4) in studio condos and (6) guests in a one-bedroom condo, (6-8) in a two bedroom and (8) in a three bedroom according to the allowance by the State of Hawaii. THIS PROPERTY MAY REQUIRE A THREE (3), (5) or (7) NIGHT MINIMUM STAY depending on the season.
Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods. If a rental is accepted for less than required limit of days, the guest will be charged the night rate.
Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup. A starter supply of dish soap, hand soap, trash bags, paper towels, 2 rolls of toilet tissue, shampoo and conditioner. Additional supplies are the responsibility of the guest. No cleaning supplies are provided due to liability. Parking, resort, check in and key fees are extra at certain resorts. See Parking Pass information below.
The cleaning fee is the Guests responsibility and is not included in the rental rate. Each condo will have different cleaning fee charges depending on the size.
No Daily Maid Service
While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate, however it is available at an additional rate.
If the reservation is longer than 16 days, the owner may opt to offer the guest a mid-stay cleaning at the owner’s expense. Guest should schedule this with MSP.
Rates subject to change without notice but will not affect existing rental contracts.
Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in.
Any exceptions to the above-mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
Parking Passes / Resort Fees / Facilities Use Fees
One parking pass per reservation. The Guest is responsible for these passes and fees.
Parking passes are located inside the unit for Kuleana. At the Royal Kahana, Pohailani, Hale Kai, and Paki Maui you must get the pass at the front desk, but there is no extra fee. At the Honua Kai your greeter will provide you with the parking pass. Aina Nalu the fee is $20 a day, Ka anapali Shores the fee is $9.00 a day. Of these resorts you must secure your pass through the front desk. There isn’t a pass required at Noelani or Kahana Villas. There are parking passes Kahana Reef but there is no additional charge and Manager will include the link in the pre-arrival instructions. Renters must display parking pass on the rear-view mirror or on the dash at all times. Failure to display may result in towing of vehicle at renter’s expense. Leave the parking passes inside the unit upon departure. There is a $50. charge to replace the parking pass. Napili Shores rental pool / front desk charges a $75 registration fee upon check in. Papakea has a $17 a day facility use fee.
This list is some but may not be all of the fees applied to your stay at the different resorts. Although Manager will use their best efforts to keep this list current, Guest understands that an incomplete list does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to refund or rental adjustment.
Hurricane or Storm Policy / Travel Insurance
No refunds will be given. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
Excessive cleaning of the unit will incur a minimum fee of $50/hr. (one hour minimum). Damages made to the unit will incur a minimum of $60/hr. (one hour minimum) to cover the cost to fix, and replace, plus the cost of the replacement or any materials. Should there be damage that requires a professional that charges more per hour (plumbing, contractor), market rate hourly charges will be applied. Parking passes and beach towels not returned are $50/each.
Your check-in instructions with either a key code or key release information will be provided to you prior to your arrival. It is your responsibility to bring this information with you. In the event a guest is locked out of the unit during the rental period, the guest may call 303-990-2364. Although Manager will use its best efforts to help gain reentry, there will be NO guarantee the Manager will gain reentry the same day of the lock out. Guest understands that does not constitute a breach of this Agreement or give Guest any right to refund or rental adjustment. There will be a $200 charge for this service and this fee is due at the time service is rendered. There will be a $200 charge for lost keys.
Lost and Found Items
We are not responsible for lost items. A $45 handling fee plus postage will be assessed for all lost and found items that have been recovered and returned to the guest.
• MSP Cancellation - Owner reserves the right to cancel any reservation with no less than a (60) day notice for any reason and a return of the entire deposit will be given. Owner/Manager has the right to cancel reservation if any maintenance issue beyond owner/managers control that would take away from the guest’s enjoyable stay or be deemed unsafe. Immediate notice will be given to the guest and all efforts will be made to relocate guests into other accommodations owned or managed by Maui Showcase Properties or a full refund made.
• Guest Reservation Cancellation
A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation. Cancellations that are made less than sixty (60) days prior to the arrival date are subject to a Cancellation fee forfeiting the 50% damage/reservation deposit. Cancellations or changes that are made within 30 days of the arrival date, forfeit the full advance payment and damage/reservation deposit. Cancellations during Holiday/Peak Season are Non-Refundable. Cancellation, shortened stays or early departure does not warrant any refund of rent or deposit. You may choose to purchase travel insurance separately.
• Monthly Reservation Cancellations
Monthly renters must cancel one hundred twenty (120) days prior to check-in. Monthly renters who make a change that results in a shortened stay must be made at least ninety (90) days prior to check-in.
Resort and Condo number:
Dates of reservation:
Number in Party over 2 years old:
Cell phone number:
Mailing address to return your security deposit:
By signing and returning this Rental Agreement indicates you understand and accept the terms and policies set forth.
Sarah Golden, RS 74569